Whether you’re going on a weekend beach getaway or a three-week trek, you’ll need to pack a bag – and you’ll want to pack it right. Enter moi with nine genius space-saving hacks that also promise to keep your clothes wrinkle free and your cosmetics from spilling.
1. Rolling your clothes instead of folding them not only means less creases but also more room in your suitcase. Starting from the bottom up, roll your clothes into tightly packed tubes which can be neatly stacked into your suitcase.
2. Help your bras maintain their shape while at the same time saving space by stacking them on top of each other and folding them in half, tucking your knickers inside.
3. Stuff socks and other products that won’t burst inside your shoes.
4. Instead of packing big, bulky makeup bottles for a quick trip, pour a little bit of the product into a clean contact case.
5. Think back to your last trip and the items you packed for it – how much did you actually use? Making a list of things to pack before you go anywhere is a great way to avoid overpacking – not to mention avoid forgetting anything!
6. As much as I love shoes, even I have to admit they’re oddly shaped, heavy and pretty inflexible. With that in mind, I try to take just two pairs of shoes with me when I go anywhere: one casual pair for walking and everyday use, and another for more formal occasions.
7. Wear bulkier items such as hats, hiking boots and parkas onto the plane.
8. Photocopy/print relevant pages of a guidebook instead of bring the whole thing with you. Not only will this save you a ton of room but it will also make your suitcase a lot lighter.
9. If you really want more than one bag option, consider taking canvas bags. These flat pack nicely and you can use the for dirty laundry, shoes or as spare shopping bags.
Do you have any packing hacks of your own? Let me know!